Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i can't compete

A few hours ago I found myself wedged between two very lovely boys, listening to their breathing, skin against mine, peaceful, content, and yet I still couldn't lay my mind to rest.
I've spent the last couple of hours browsing through my husband's writing and falling in love with him again. I can't help it. He has such a captivating mind. I envy it. Truly.


I attempted to write something.


Then I realized that I suck.

I remember a time in my life that I fancied myself a writer. That is to say... I imagined that I could put thoughts together in a pretty way. Upon meeting my dearest husband I realized that I'm undeniably lame in the ways of the written word.

I disappoint myself. What I wouldn't give to be able to spew sentiment at the drop of a hat.

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ. Your writing is clear, thoughtful, and flows well. It makes one feel connected to the writer. That is a talent worth having, and you have much to express.

    ReplyDelete