Thursday, February 2, 2012

go slow. i'm new at this.

So, I found this writing challenge, instead.

Day 01: Something you're looking forward to this year.
Day 02: Something you regret not having done last year.
Day 03: Something with which you struggle.
Day 04: Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy.
Day 05: Something in life that gives you balance.
Day 06: Something that excites you and fills you with joy.
Day 07: Vacation Hiatus
Day 08: Vacation Hiatus
Day 09: Vacation Hiatus
Day 10: Something at which you've been a champion or the best.
Day 11: Something about which people seem to compliment you.
Day 12: Something you hope to change about yourself and why.
Day 13: Discuss some of the things on your bucket list.
Day 14: Someone who has made your life worth living.
Day 15: A band/musical artist whose music impacted your life.
Day 16: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 17: Someone with whom you shared a friendship/relationship that simply drifted out of your life.
Day 18: Someone you met randomly that's made an impact on your life.
Day 19: Something that shook your belief system to its core (a big disappointment in your life).
Day 20: Discuss your favorite movie and why it's so special to you.
Day 21: Write about your best friend (not significant other) and what makes them special.
Day 22: Describe a dark/turbulent moment in your life.
Day 23: Describe a truly spiritual moment in your life.
Day 24: Discuss a spontaneous moment in your life that that turned out to be fantastic.
Day 25: Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected.
Day 26: How do you handle/deal with both success and failure?
Day 27: What is your vocation (why are you here on earth)?
Day 28: What is your biggest dream in life (what one great thing do you want to accomplish)?
Day 29: What WAS your biggest dream in life (you wanted to do as a kid but no longer can)?
Day 30: Someone in your family that means so much to you.
Day 31: Epilogue: Write a letter to yourself.

It looks like more fun than the one I was going to do. And since I'm fickle and whatnot, I'm going to do this one instead.



Pineapple Pacman approves.


So, here goes!

Something you're looking forward to this year.

As I said in my last post, I've been pretty bitter and cynical for a while now. Things don't seem to work out the way that I hope or anticipate. So, I'm going to keep it real, not aim too terribly high, since I fear the anxiety that accompanies the disappointment I feel when things don't work out.

I'm looking forward to my next cup of coffee.

I'm looking forward to establishing better relationships with the people that I love. I have been too absorbed in my own self-loathing and pity to thoroughly enjoy the amazing people that are in my life.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather, sundresses, and planting a little garden. The cold makes me sad. And sedentary.

I'm holding out hope for a Mississippi visit this spring or summer. That would be pretty fantastic. I miss my family.

If I can squeeze in an awesome concert with awesome company somewhere along the way this year that would be pretty cool. It's been far too long since I've had a live music experience.

I'm looking forward to taking control of myself again. I think I can do it. I need to get a grip on my mental and physical health before it gets much worse. Actually, I'm dreading having to do this, but looking forward to the end result. I have many demons to slay.

I'm excited to watch the children grow and learn and blossom into even cooler little people. I don't know how they manage to do it, but they never cease to amaze me with their unending awesomeness.

This is starting to sound generic.

Reading over the list of topics that I am hoping to commit to writing about has actually made me a bit anxious. Some of those are intimidating subject matters!

Meh. I have coffee now and Linus is asking me to dance with him.

1 comment:

  1. Positive? Enthusiastic? Hopeful? Taking control? Grateful?
    I think I'm gonna like this new Slayer of Demons.
    This is Leslie, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete